My game writing portfolio is now a PDF for reading, available on demand.
For game design I have 7 years of studio experience (from entry to lead) and 2 years independent (all roles). I believe in talking about experiences rather than trying to shoe-horn the less tangible design decisions into a website; as I grew in seniority my work was increasingly general and behind-the-scenes. But here are a few things you could read:
- RuneScape project highlights include:
- Professional milestones:
- Content Developer (designer/scripter/writer); RuneScape; August 2008 – November 2009
- Senior Game Designer; unannounced cancelled MMO, Stellar Dawn (cancelled MMO), RuneScape; November 2009 – January 2013
- Design Team Leader; RuneScape; January 2013 – August 2015
- Including Interim Monetisation Manager; RuneScape; November 2013 – October 2014
- Wizard Tower Defence (on itch.io, post mortem): A complete game I designed, implemented, and made art for. Platform: Unity, various third-party tools.
- Small web/miscellaneous projects, designed and implemented:
- My writing tool, explained here.
- Random Thing Generator (at glitch.com): A designed-corpus procedural text generator. Platform: Node.js
- Cambot2 (demo on request): A Discord bot for my local writing community. Fetches online things (including from the thing gen, above), does other bot things, and runs timed writing sprints. Platform: Node.js, Discord.js
- Maths Toys (at glitch.com): Collected proof-of concept maths education toys, including a structured question generator, prime factorisation visualiser, and substitution cipher processor. Platform: Node.js
- Music Toys (at glitch.com): Proof-of-concept music education toys, currently only a sight-reading trainer for musical notation. Platform: Node.js