As a writer and systems designer I rarely have flashy stuff to show off, and having taken a career break much of it isn’t that recent. But still, some reasons you might want me on your project:
- Professional experience at Jagex:
- August 2008 – November 2009: Content Developer (scripter/designer/writer), RuneScape
- November 2009 – January 2013: Senior Game Designer, three projects: unannounced cancelled MMO, Stellar Dawn (cancelled MMO), RuneScape
- January 2013 – August 2015: Design Team Leader, RuneScape
- Including November 2013 – October 2014: Acting Monetisation Manager, RuneScape
- Wizard Tower Defence (on itch.io, post mortem): A complete game I designed, implemented, and made art for. Platform: Unity, various third-party tools.
- Small web/misc projects, designed and implemented:
- My Writing Tool, explained here.
- Random Thing Generator (at glitch.com): A designed-corpus procedural text generator. Platform: Node.js
- Cambot2 (demo on request): A Discord bot for my local writing community. Fetches online things (including from the thing gen, above), does other bot things, and runs timed writing sprints. Platform: Node.js
- Maths Toys (at glitch.com): Collected proof-of concept maths education toys, including a structured question generator, prime factorisation visualiser, and substitution cipher processor. Platform: Node.js
- Music Toys (at glitch.com): Proof-of-concept music education toys, currently only a sight-reading trainer for musical notation. Platform: Node.js